Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Friday, December 15, 2006

Happy Holidays!

It's that time of year. The white stuff is falling, the road is icy and theres a TON of freight to be moved. Go,go,go,go,go is what I've been doing latley although I'm so ready for a break during Xmas. Supposedly I'm going to be getting home on the 23rd and have the 24/25 off and leave the 26th but we wil see how it goes...ya know? =)

I won 2nd and 3rd place in the Gordon Photo contest! I won a couple of Visa Cash cards so that's a very nice surprise from Kim @ Gordon. Thank you!

Also, I picked up my brand new snowmobile and trailer today and also did a little more damage to my bank account.... I bought Olivia a new snowmobile too!!!! She's so excited to go out and ride it!

As usual, here's the next batch of photos...


Just north of Canyonville,OR on I-5



Two weeks ago was the last time I've seen the top of Shasta...



US20 westbound over the Cascade Mountain Range.




Trying to decorate my home on the road... I think it looks tacky so I took it all down, haha.





97 Northbound icy as usual.



Slow down on the ice driver!



Curtis and I were on the same schedule for a couple days so we both ran to and from boise twice. It's nice cruising along chatting to someone...





One of the Boise,ID Target stores has this interesting covered dock. When it's sunny out it's like backing into a black hole.




Just wee bit cold outside...




Sorry Rokk, no comment. =)




I was lucky enough to sit for probably about 3-4 minutes waiting for this guy to walk across the road. He just stepped out in front of the car and he's lucky he didn't get hit. I've seen him on the sidewalk since this photo just before or after he's crossed thank god... =)




When we run east to Idaho we always run back empty which is nice during the summer but during the winter it makes for an interesting ride up and over the icy mountain passes such as this, Drinkwater Summit.




Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!! So I can go ride!!!!




Merry Christmas and a Happy 2007.

Chris

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done The photos I find are really well done. This why I enjoy reading your blog along with other blogs about driving truck. The places you see.

5:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy holidays chris and stay safe!!

6:00 PM

 
Blogger Jesse said...

Oh man, you shouldn't let Curtis get in front of you, no telling where that crazy dude will lead you!!

6:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you run that poor guy off the road?!?!?!?!? lol

8:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read thru all of your posts. Pretty cool. I'm a former GTI driver and yes, Curtis was my trainer and I hung out with Don, Mikey and Tim. I left Gordon because they kept pushing me out further and further and my wife didn't like it. So I know what you are feeling.

In January I will be going back on the road again but this time as an O/O. What can I say, the road is in my blood, she understands that so we made a compromise. I made a deal with my wife that I would be home for a min of 4 days when I came home, not to just sleep, do my laundry and head back out again. I have to take a week off in Nov for Thanksgiving and off from Dec 15 to Jan 15.

So you can tell Curtis the next time you talk to him I saw your blog.

Gary

1:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sorry to see you turn in the keys I enjoyed the pictures and the stories. I really liked the pic of the lady cop not a happy camper.

6:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New GTI site
http://www.gticommunity.com

4:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi cris my name is wayne I to think
about trucking was wondering you said
being out on the road is hard on body
and mind tell me about that?? and also seems like thay give you so little time to rest and recharge your
body after a long run like that do youever get used to that? I see you
allso wanted out after 10 months your
young and strong will It be that bad
Im 53 years old now is it still DO
ABLE explain how your body feels
after running 10.000 miles month
after month and home sickness does
that subside after awhile??I now
wonder about life on the road and
you say your trying local trucking
do you like that better ok thought
Id type this to you and see what
you could tell me about this trucking type of work ok buy buy

12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free