Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Friday, September 22, 2006

Flys in Trucks

I just don't understand why flys love my truck. I can have my window down for a couple minutes and BAM, I have a couple new buzzing friends in my truck who just don't want to leave. I think I need a fly swatter but I'm too cheap =) After trying to get him out unsucessfully for an hour, I finally push him out only to have him fly right back in. It's quite annoying haha.

Well, after I last chatted to all you guys, I left Hampshire ( a small town west of Chicago) and headed to Romeoville,IL where I picked up a load of Tampons and wipes (ooh, how exciting!!!) and delivered it to Larwence, Kansas then went right back the way I came and slept in St. Louis last night. I left there this morning around 12am and drove agian, back the same I came the day before, up through Kansas city and Lincoln,NE to where I am right now in Grand Island, NE. I'm running off of picked up hours so I'll be leaving tonight agian around 12am running westbound through the rest of nebraska and through Wyoming. Eventually in a couple days I'll make it to oregon where hopefully, I can take a reset... please dispatcher? lol.

Heres your reward for reading my babble...



An awesome looking Peterbilt with an equally as awesome reefer trailer... (notice the reefer fuel between the trailer axles, nice touch.




The sun peaking through the clouds along I-80 in Nevada last week.




Early morning just outside of Wendover,NV heading east along the salt flats.




So what, we're not going to have a winter? Fresh snow in Park City, UT





A gigantic crane with a bucket that probably bigger than two trucks!





This was fun. Just a normal day in Wyoming and Nebraska.




I found this do-it-yourself truck wash a couple trips out east ago. Exit 59 in Sydney, Nebraska right across the street from the Cabelas. $4 worth of quarters gets your truck all soapy and a high pressure rinse gets most of the bugs and dirt off... Way better than paying 40+ bucks at the Streakin' Beacon.



Leaving the tiny town of Hampshire, IL just outside of Chicago after delivering a load of Magnesium blocks to General Motors.




Chris
aka Midder

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where ya been dude? Great photos. See ya out on the road, if you;re still out there.

11:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man what about the updates I check every day.

4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free